What is THRIFT ?
The Apache Thrift software framework, for scalable cross-language services development, combines a software stack with
a code generation engine to build services that work efficiently and seamlessly between C++, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby,
- We must create file *.thrift. This file declare objects and procedures. Purpose for this work that we can interchange between applications written in different languages (Example : Java and C++ ).
- Using thrift tool ( Install ) to generate code . We build Thrift file for our languages (Example We using Java [Server] – C++ [Client] ).
- Create Server and Client for applications. (using code generated in the previous step ).
- Server application implement [objects and procedures] in Thrift file created ( Client call them ).
- Thrift takes care about creating transport classes, define objects. We only use them in our code.
- Run Server. Using Client to perform action defined objects and methods.